Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The mind of Nostradamus (who is now dead)
lolmod
Group Icon
Awards: None
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 5 2017, 10:05 PM
1. Telekinetic: Target redirect. Phaze.
2. Brainwasher: Action switcher. Boquise.

1. Empath: Follow spy. Nana.
2. Faith healer: Save. Marq.
3. Hypnotist: Block. Aura
4. Exorcist: Kill and role spy. Dee.
5. Shrink: Vote multiplier x0. mo.
6. Medium: Is another Empath (Follow spy). Insaner.
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 5 2017, 10:33 PM
N1 actions

aura acting on mo gets redirected to Insaner -> fails, baddies get told at end of D1
Dee save becomes kill -> fails, baddies get told at end of D1
NK Nana

Follow Insaner -> Nana dies
Save Nana -> Gets blocked so no save; per OP does not get informed
3. Hypnotist: Block. Aura.
Block Marq -> succeeds, but per OP does not get informed
4. Exorcist: Kill and role spy. Dee.
Spy Phaze - > sees his target acting on aura

The baddies are NKing Nana and Marq is saving Nana but getting blocked by Aura.
Indy
Group Icon
Awards: 30

B: 8-10
G: 16-12
I: 6-0
O: 8-14
TB: 0-0
TG: 0-2
  Posted Jul 6 2017, 10:29 PM
Gee thanks, Aura.

My joke post was not a role hint, btw, as I never ever role hint. Like ever. It was just a joke.

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 7 2017, 08:10 AM
gyah! Nana does NOT leave hints! Especially in a game with baddie mind control.

Why does everyone think I left a hint? First Phaze, now Aura. grumble

"Breaking News, and then trying to carefully glue it back together before anybody notices."
-from Cracked News
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 7 2017, 08:53 AM
Baddies are more willing to try to convert an action into a kill than I thought they would be, considering that they wouldn't have control over who got killed and it might be themselves. In this case the baddies didn't even telekinese the player they were brainwashing to keep the kill from landing on one of the two of them. But I guess save is likely to act on self N1 and the most cleared goodie in the game other nights. Maybe in the future I could make brainwasher swap save -> block, block -> kill+rolespy, kill+rolespy -> followspy, followspy -> votex0, votex0 -> save or something so there's more risk involved.

I claim save and I'm acting on myself tonight, and it would be a real shame if a baddie were to telekinese me to save themself from a self-NK and be cleared for the rest of the game.

Also I PMed dee at the beginning of day saying to post, but now that it's end of typical dee posting time I think I better spam for backups.
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 7 2017, 07:20 PM
Day 2
mo x0's aura's vote
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 7 2017, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (maurice @ Jul 7 2017, 02:00 PM)
aura please tell everyone what I user posted image hinteduser posted image  at so when I'm lynched as another goodie role they can kill/lynch you

QUOTE (aura @ Jul 7 2017, 02:06 PM)

IIIIII would be a really stupid baddie to claim the same role JUST TO GET YOU LYNCHED.  JUST so I could then be lynched the next day. http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lmao.gif

QUOTE (plas_mod @ Jul 5 2017, 08:19 PM)
Psychic Mafia

NP shows kills and successful saves
Lynch shows faction only
OOP: Block > baddie actions, kills are not blocking
Tie lynch rules: No one dies
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 7 2017, 10:14 PM
Hip, spell, follow lead, all fairly weak for hinting hypnotist. And my joke was bottom at the top, not hip at the top.

I notice that Phaze and Boq made sure to not vote together and Boq cast a bit of shade at Phaze.

idk why Hirk and Marq have been quiet today.

What happens if baddies try to change the vote manip action into a kill?

This post has been edited by Nana7: Jul 7 2017, 10:14 PM

-from Cracked News
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 7 2017, 10:57 PM

-from Cracked News
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 7 2017, 11:01 PM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Jul 7 2017, 08:14 PM)
Hip, spell, follow lead, all fairly weak for hinting hypnotist. And my joke was bottom at the top, not hip at the top.

I notice that Phaze and Boq made sure to not vote together and Boq cast a bit of shade at Phaze.

idk why Hirk and Marq have been quiet today.

Yep. Going from bottom to hypnotist is a pretty far stretch. Spell could be anyone in Psychic Mafia. Follow your lead would be a hint at Empath.

If mo gets brainwashed, since it's a day action, mo's vote manip would fail and the following night the spy+kill would happen on whoever's vote he tried to x0. But brainwashing will fail if mo doesn't act on anyone, so odds are that nothing would end up happening. I haven't yet thought through what would happen if mo got lynched when a vote manip got brainwashed into another action, but I'm inclined to make the brainwashed action still happen the next night by his role even though he's dead.
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 7 2017, 11:06 PM
N2 actions

Redirect Insaner acting on Boq to mo -> fails
Change Insaner follow spy to kill+spy -> fails 'cause gets blocked
NK aura

3. Hypnotist: Block. Aura.
Block Boq -> block happens and then aura dies
4. Exorcist: Kill and role spy. Hirk.
Follow Marq -> sees target not doing anything
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 8 2017, 01:20 PM
Crud.

Insaner thinks Marq is a baddie. And wants to turn his spy into a kill. Not a bad plan, except he is wrong about Marq.

-from Cracked News
lolmod
Group Icon
B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Jul 8 2017, 07:28 PM
Well, as of now aura will block Boq so he doesn't brainwash Insaner and Marq will live. I guess that sort of makes up for N1. Plus the baddies will be told the brainwashing failed and might think Insaner was fake-claiming.

Insaner's plan would still be risky even if Marq were a baddie. Both baddies are alive, and if they bite hard that Insaner is follow spy and they convert him to a kill, they'll probably also telekinese him away from one of the baddies (which is what they're actually doing).

And after thinking some more about the brainwasher ability, I think the best way to do it would be to let the baddies attempt to convert an action to each of the five goodie abilities ODTG per ability.

This post has been edited by plas_mod: Jul 8 2017, 09:06 PM
Mod of member relations/awards/activity
Group Icon
B: 6-9
G: 11-10
I: 3-4
O: 4-5
TB: 1-1
TG:
  Posted Jul 8 2017, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (Nana7 @ Jul 7 2017, 12:59 PM)
Gee thanks, Aura.

My joke post was not a role hint, btw, as I never ever role hint. Like ever. It was just a joke.

http://mafiamaniac.org/smile/lmao.gif What I got hung up on was that nobody could see how it could possibly connect. I would've accepted "it's a coincidence" better than "Wrong cos wrong"

Also, being told black is white such as "the medium never got brought up" and that I "never explained my theory". What kind of a game is it when the replies are *no comment* or "You're talking s***"?

QUOTE (araver @ Oct 1 2015, 08:41 AM)
I cannot believe ... ok.
Indy
Group Icon

Posted Jul 8 2017, 11:58 PM
I had trouble seeing it until you spelled it out, but agree that once you cleared that part up then that should have been accepted. I think mo was also supsicious of you for looking for hints so that and/or being tunneled may have biased his thinking.

-from Cracked News
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Psychic Mafia | Next Newest »

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll