Welcome to MafiaManiac, a site is dedicated to the growth and expansion of the online forum game of Mafia.

Mafia is that party game you may have played, where there is a mafia (informed minority) trying to overtake an entire village and the villagers (uninformed Majority) are trying to stop them. We play these mafia games over several days in our forum and we have people from all over the world playing them. These mafia games can be themed from movies, real life situations and almost anything you can think of! Mafia involves a lot of creative strategy, making you think on your toes. You'll be forced trust your gut, check your logic, and deceive or be deceived. If you think you can handle playing, here are a few links you should definitely check out.

- Unreality's Official Guide to Mafia
- Site Rules
- Our Wiki

Also registering and replying to my welcome message with how you found this site without me asking you to will get you 2 rep points, which is very helpful later on.

Thank you for visiting our site and please Register

Regards,

Nana7
Admin of MafiaManiac
GAME NEWS  BOARD TIME:  
Recent Topic Activity
Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   

Pages: (48) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Mafia Court
Tink
Awards: None
2-9
B: 0-2
G: 2-5
I: 0-2
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 02:42 PM
Here's how mafia court works. You find a player who did something you really didn't like in a mafia, as a host or as a player. For example, Hirkala being super-really late on night post. One person must accuse someone of something, and nominate them for being prosecuted. One other person must second that motion. There will be a prosecuting lawyer, chosen by the person who originally nominated the defendant to be prosecuted. This person presents an argument as to why the defendant is guilty. The defendant chooses a lawyer, which can be themself, to argue against the prosecuting lawyer, explaining why they are innocent. The prosecuting lawyer goes first, and as soon as they have presented the first post of their argument, the defendant's lawyer follows, and then prosecutor, defendant, and on and on and on. In mafia court, there is no judge, only a jury. Anyone can be a jury, and they vote in a similar way as they would vote to lynch someone in a mafia game. with their name followed by innocent or guilty. If proven guilty, then everyone except the defendant (meaning the defendant's lawyer participates) chooses a funny punishment for the person. Maybe we could bring Manfred back?

Shhhhh
EDM
The Smiley Queen!!! :D :D :D
Group Icon
Awards: 7

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 02:44 PM
ok, sounds fun..... biggrin.gif

so....when are you gonna prosecute me??? laugh.gif biggrin.gif

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Goodie Mafioso at heart......never forget that!!! user posted image user posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
THE TORMENTOR
Group Icon
Awards: 17

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 02:46 PM
bizarre, but why not?

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Tink
2-9
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 02:48 PM
Personally don't think you did too bad, though I read something (I forgot what it was) about something you did and onetruth was kind of mad at you..... need to go back and find that..... but I do believe the first prosecution should be that of Hirkala for being so late with the night post.

Some more things: You can call people to testify, and they can only tell the truth. Also, the charges should be formally stated by the prosecutor. Any suggestions or criticisms, just say them.

Shhhhh
EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 02:53 PM
Actually, I was careless and totally insane........biggrin.gif

I AM ALWAYS what everyone thinks they sometimes are.....CRAZY!!! user posted image user posted imageuser posted image

Goodie Mafioso at heart......never forget that!!! user posted image user posted image

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Head hurt yet?
Group Icon
Awards: 5

B: 2-4
G: 9-9
I: 0-4
O: 2-5
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 03:40 PM
Reasonable idea NF, however I would prefer this to be used on repeat offenders rather than those who have made an honest mistake. When you host a mafia for the first time you are more likely to make a mistake (it is all part of the learning experience). I don't want people to be worried about having to appear before the court and so hesitating about hosting their game(s). OT, could you keep this in mind when you choose to (or not to) accuse EDM?

*WARNING* Anybody using this court to accuse me of being evil (in a game) will be my next target for mind games.
It is part of the game people and what happens in game should stay in game

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008
Consigliere
Awards: 3

7:8
B: 2:3
G: 3:3
I: 1:1
O: 1:1
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 03:42 PM
I want to accuse Phaze of using mind games. ..Even if this is just to ensure I'm a target next time so I can figure him out. http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5719/winkj.gif
Head hurt yet?
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 03:48 PM
Then I choose Izzy as my defense lawyer.....

EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:08 PM
gr8....no jury, and already we have a defendant and a lawyer.....well, since I'm not accused.....yet.....http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/6792/popcornm.gif biggrin.gif

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Head hurt yet?
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:13 PM
$0

Wow, I didn't think my bank account could be cleaned out that fast!

Tink
2-9
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:16 PM
Always a loophole..... should we make it so that the defense lawyer has to consent? Also, I think people should be able to plead innocent or guilty.
@ Phaze this is supposed to be all in good fun. We could make it so you can only charge someone after they've hosted so many mafias (for a hosting error)? And the punishments wouldn't be anything serious, just funny stuff like always shout in pink for 2 days, or you can't use smileys for a week. That would be a HORRIBLE punishment for EDM.... maybe no smileys for a day. Also, defense lawyer cannot be the same as prosecuting lawyer.

This post has been edited by NickFleming: Sep 12 2010, 04:18 PM

Shhhhh
Consigliere

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:18 PM
Two possible scenarios.
1. I decline.
2. I don't decline, I do a terrible job of defending you, and I win the case by losing for you.

I would rethink your choice. tongue.gif

*edit* Then again.. how much are you paying me?

This post has been edited by Izzy: Sep 12 2010, 04:21 PM
EDM
Group Icon

B:
G:
I:
O:
TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:18 PM
Nick.....don't even joke about the pink and the smileys.....ohmy.gif

But loopholes are always funny.....biggrin.gif

Smilies brightly cheer
Emotional persona
Li, the Smiley Queen

Head hurt yet?
Group Icon

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:24 PM
QUOTE (Izzy @ Sep 13 2010, 09:18 AM)
Two possible scenarios.
1. I decline.
2. I don't decline, I do a terrible job of defending you, and I win the case by losing for you.

I would rethink your choice. tongue.gif

*edit* Then again.. how much are you paying me?

* looks through NFs post for the word decline *

1. I am not sure you can decline Izzy
2. I am sure the jury will take that into account (you'll just make yourself look more evil than me)
3. I still have options to mess with your head

Consigliere

TB:
TG:
  Posted Sep 12 2010, 04:27 PM
1. Then I won't.
2. My evilness or lack thereof will require another trial completely. As I'll be defending myself, I'm sure I can get off. http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/5719/winkj.gif
3. Awesome. I want you to.

Regarding your defense, how much cash we talking here?

This post has been edited by Izzy: Sep 12 2010, 04:27 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Debates | Next Newest »

Pages: (48) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll